Call for Working Group Members - Physical Literacy Online Training and CertificationWednesday, February 22, 2017
Physical and Health Education Canada (PHE Canada) is leading the development of a Physical Literacy Online Training and Certification program. This program (funded by the Ontario Trillium Foundation) will provide physical activity leaders and educators with access to an e-learning platform designed to increase their knowledge, skills and capacity to deliver quality physical literacy programs to children and youth. PHE Canada is seeking 6-8 volunteers to guide PHE Canada in the development and delivery of the project. Key responsibilities will include providing advice on course structure, content, and best practice in inclusive adult and online learning.
We are seeking broad representation from multiple fields and interest areas such as:
- E-Learning and IT
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Physical Literacy
- Sport and Recreation
- Physical and Health Education
- Adult Education
Responsibilities of Physical Literacy Online Training and Certification Working Group Members includes:
- Provide advice, guidance and recommendations to the working group on matters related to physical literacy online training and certification.
- Review PHE Canada’s existing physical literacy in-person training program materials.
- Brainstorm course content and lay-out, and e-learning engagement strategies and assessment techniques.
- Support the development of a pilot evaluation survey.
- Participate in a minimum of three or four conference calls and one in-person meeting (subject to funding and opportunity) from March to December 2017.
- Review and respond to email requests in a timely fashion.
If you are interested in this volunteer opportunity, please send an expression of interest outlining your experience and how it would apply to the Physical Literacy Online Training and Certification Working Group to email@example.com.
The deadline for all applications is March 10, 2017. Successful applicants will be contacted approximately 2 weeks after the closing date. For any additional questions, please contact Stephanie at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone: (613) 523-1348 ext. 236.