- Please note: The funding opportunities for the HPS project has now passed.
- Over the past three years, PHE Canada has distributed $93,000 to 114 schools across Canada to fund their projects to promote healthy schools. These projects are examples of the amazing efforts of Healthy School Champions across the country. Congratulations to the following schools, who over the past three years have put in extra time and effort to make their schools healthier.
If you are a grantee for the 2013-14 school year, and you still need to complete your final report, here are the links to the online reporting tool:
Please make every effort to submit your report as soon as possible. The deadline has been extended until June 23. Please also send in your financial statements and invoices from purchases made with your funding. You can submit the statement and invoices by scanning them electronically and sending by email, posting by mail or fax.
Mail: attn.: Health Promoting School Grants, 301-2197 Riverside Dr., Ottawa, ON, K1H 7X3
Fax: # 613-523-1206
Some ideas for possible projects
- Establish an HPS committee at your school who hosts various initiatives and builds awareness of HPS throughout the year
- Have students, parents and staff commit to a physical activity target and all work toward that goal over the course of the school year
- Partner with a neighboring school to have students and parents share responsibility of a communal vegetable garden
- Establish a mental health action plan team made up of students and staff to encourage positive mental health
- Partner with a local grocery store to form a breakfast program and raise awareness about nutrition and the importance of eating breakfast
- Have older students engage with younger students to help them make positive choices
- Partner with a local recreation facility to allow students to access the facility at a reduced cost
Post your projects to the PHE Canada Promising Practices Database to share your initiatives with others across Canada!